It is your responsibility to contact the employer to make sure that
you have the most up-to-date information regarding this job listing.
Nanowerk cannot and does not verify the authenticity or current status
of any information posted in the nanoJOBs database.
Analog Design Engineer for Ultra-Low-Power Biomedical Applications
Imec performs world-leading research in nano-electronics. Imec leverages its scientific knowledge with the innovative power of its global partnerships in ICT, healthcare and energy. Imec delivers industry-relevant technology solutions. In a unique high-tech environment, its international top talent is committed to providing the building blocks for a better life in a sustainable society. Imec is headquartered in Leuven (Belgium) and has offices in the Netherlands, US, Taiwan, China, India and Japan. Its staff of more than 2500 people includes over 700 industrial residents and guest researchers.
We offer you a challenging position in an advanced high-tech environment, in an international team. This is your opportunity to contribute to technologies that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
We offer you an attractive salary added with competitive extra-legal benefits such as an interesting life insurance, hospitalization insurance and long-term disability insurance. Imec takes on the full cost of these insurances. On top of that you receive meal vouchers for each working day. Furthermore, imec offers various training possibilities and social services, such as a company restaurant, ironing service, the possibility of day care nearby, holiday daycare and discounts in different sport clubs and shops. To decrease our ecological footprint 100% of the transport by train is reimbursed by imec.
Imec’s Biomedical Circuits and Systems design team has a strong experience and background in integrated circuits for future healthcare and life science applications. Our team specializes in IC design for wearable and implantable healthcare. Our ICs cover a broad range of sensing modalities like ECG, EEG, EMG, PPG, blood pressure, neural activity, bio-impedance etc. We cover the full receive chain including analog signal amplification, filtering, analog-to-digital conversion and digital post processing and interfacing. Our team has a strong collaboration with other application and algorithm teams within imec who build useful systems around our ICs. As such imec has a unique position in the world able to offer leading edge IC design research with a high affinity to the applications domain. We have a strong focus on quality enabling a short road to (low-) volume production and market introduction.
To strengthen our design team, we are looking for an experienced analog design engineer. The applications within our usual focus are extremely challenging with regards to signal integrity and power consumption. We are hence looking for a designer with a strong background and affinity in low-power and low noise analog design for biomedical/neural sensing applications.
As an analog design engineer you will become part of a team to develop novel circuits and ICs. You will be responsible for designing various basic building blocks with several projects.
Your main tasksill include:
- Take responsibility for designing high-performance, ultra-low-power analog block level circuits like instrumentation amplifier, low-noise amplifier, analog filtering, data converters, programmable gain amplifiers, ADC driver, bandgap reference, ...
- Be flexible and join various running projects as needed.
- Design according to specification and be mindful of project timelines.
- Collaborate in an inter-disciplinary team. Understand (internal or external) customer needs, challenges and requirements and translate that into solutions that you can incorporate into your designs.
- Layout of analog circuits, designed by you or other designers.
- Validate your own designs experimentally in a lab environment.
- Constructively participate in larger design teams to ensure first-time right silicon.
- Employ industry-wide best practices in your designs to ensure quality.
- Contribute to high-quality reports and documentation.
- Support (internal or external) customers in absorbing your research work so they can implement it in their applications.
The ideal candidate meets the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Electronics Engineering. A PhD degree is a plus, but not required.
- Strong knowledge about analog design concepts in general (opamps, filters, ADCs, gm-C circuits, ...).
- Strong knowledge about ultra-low-power and ultra-low-noise analog circuit design.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in analog circuit design with silicon-proven designs.
- Prior high-profile publications are appreciated.
- Excellent knowledge of Cadence Virtuoso including ADE (G)XL.
- Good knowledge of layout tools and design verification (DRC, LVS, ERC, ...).
- Good knowledge of best practices in analog IC design to ensure high-quality designs.
- Basic knowledge of measuring and validating high-performance, low-noise and low-power analog ICs.
- At least basic knowledge of mixed-signal design and verification.
- Problem-solving attitude, strong desire to stay up-to-date with recent advancements in state-of-the-art.
- Strong desire to deliver quality and drive to maximize efficiency.
- Able to work independently, and eager to take initiative and responsibility.
- Be flexible and able to work on various building blocks and jump between various projects as the need arises in the team.
- Have a broad interest across disciplines.
- Be critical of his own work.
- Open and constructive communicator.
- Be able to clearly and concisely present your own work.
- Perform well under time pressure.
- Given the international character of imec a good oral and written knowledge of English is mandatory.
Apply online at www.imec.be/jobs or via the direct apply link: https://imec.csod.com/ats/careersite/login.aspx?returnurl=/ATS/CareerSite/ApplicationStart.aspx?ID=303&c=imec&site=7