It is your responsibility to contact the employer to make sure that
you have the most up-to-date information regarding this job listing.
Nanowerk cannot and does not verify the authenticity or current status
of any information posted in the nanoJOBs database.
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy. As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. Further information on imec can be found at www.imec.be.
You get the opportunity to build on the growth trajectory of the EA and IC-link activities. We offer you a challenging position in an advanced high-tech environment, in an international team. This is your opportunity to contribute to technologies that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society. We offer you an attractive salary added with competitive extra-legal benefits such as an interesting life insurance, hospitalization insurance and long-term disability insurance. Imec takes on the full cost of these insurances. On top of that you receive meal vouchers for each working day. Furthermore, imec offers various training possibilities and social services, such as a company restaurant, ironing service, the possibility of day care nearby, holiday daycare and discounts in different sport clubs and shops. To decrease our ecological footprint 100% of the transport by train is reimbursed by imec.
The Electronic Assembly (EA) group within imec.IC-link is active in the development of high-performance electronic products mainly used as product demonstrators for new ASIC components developed within the imec R&D teams.
Your main tasks are:
* You translate (sometimes fuzzy) customer requirements into system requirements and system architecture.
* Through your broad knowledge of electronics, you assist customers to make technology choices.
* You are responsible for the development of the electronics, from the system design, over the different design phases, to prototype and production phase.
* Your tasks consist of a project tender activity combined with hardware design: components selection, electrical calculations, schematics drawing, layout specifications writing, layout review, lab measurements and prototype debugging.
* You monitor the consistency of the system concept and demands during the project execution phase.
* You work intensely together with the clients (imec or industry) and with the other members of the project team to realize the product.
* For PCB layout, you will work together with external contractors, and control the progress of the layout activities.
* For some smaller projects, you will perform the design and layout activities yourself.
* You have regular external contacts with R&D teams and/or suppliers.
You have a Master’s degree in Electronics Engineering. You have strong experience in system architecture design, analog and high speed digital hardware design (CPU, FPGA, SoC, Ethernet, USB, PCI, SerDes,...) preferably with the focus on analog design, low noise, Signal Integrity, high speed data,... You work precise and independently to achieve a high quality ‘First Time Right’ product. You can work in an international team. You have good communication skills and speak/write fluently English and Dutch. You have a minimum of 10 years of industrial experience in a similar function. Knowledge of the Application Specific IC development process is a plus. Knowledge of PBA/PCB manufacturability is a plus. Knowledge of Altium Designer is a plus.
Apply online at www.imec.be/jobs or via the direct apply link https://imec.csod.com/ats/careersite/login.aspx?returnurl=/ATS/CareerSite/ApplicationStart.aspx?ID=600&c=imec&site=7