It is your responsibility to contact the employer to make sure that
you have the most up-to-date information regarding this job listing.
Nanowerk cannot and does not verify the authenticity or current status
of any information posted in the nanoJOBs database.
Software Product Development Engineer (Medical Vision Applications)
miDIAGNOSTICS is a unique life science venture combining the know-how and technical expertise of researchers at imec (Leuven, Belgium) and The Johns Hopkins University. We are developing tests that require only drops of blood and allow on-chip detection of cells, proteins, nucleic acids, and/or small molecules. Test data are collected, processed and displayed as structured results on any smartphone, tablet or laptop within minutes, enabling medical decisions to occur with a high level of comfort to both patients and caregivers. Currently we are building our team and are looking for a Software Product Development Engineer (Medical Vision Applications).
As a developer you will be responsible for the implementation, testing and documentation of our key imaging-based algorithms. Your main assignment will be to productize the prototype research algorithms that can eventually run on various platforms like laptop, mobile devices and also in the cloud. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of engineers (electronics, electrical, optica, bio), bio-physicists, fluidic designers, interface developers and other imaging specialists.
Your primary tasks and responsibilities will include:
Implementation, testing and documentation of imaging-based algorithms
Optimize the prototype image processing & computer vision algorithms onto various platforms (laptop/mobile/cloud)
Create professional user manuals and documentation
Interface with various external partners for algorithmic API interfaces for GUI & other software elements
Contribute to roadmap of software developments
Interact with research and product development teams
Create and maintain key software specifications and key documentation relevant for regulatory approvals
• We are looking for a senior software developer/engineer with a strong background in developing products and services for (biomedical) imaging based applications in the domain of point-of-care healthcare devices.
• We value your Professional Master’s degree in Informatics and your 5+ years of experience in software product development, preferentially in a diagnostic or medical domain.
• We look forward to your knowledge of image processing & computer vision algorithms and techniques.
• You enjoy optimizing image processing & computer vision algorithms for GPU platforms (CUDA). Standard product development languages, in particular C/C++ have no secrets for you and are capable of learning a new programming languages.
• You are familiar with defining APIs and developing software architectures.
• Your experience with Python/Matlab, standard imaging processing libraries (e.g. Open CV), cloud processing, big data or web technologies, point-of-care medical devices and interest about regulations for biomedical software (GDPR, HIPAA) or considered plusses.
• Your structured, precise and detail-oriented way of working are success factors .
• Your attention to software robustness, appearance and user friendliness are a great asset to us.
• You are a self-motivated and customer-oriented team player.
• You are fluent in English and have good communication skills.
• You are able to travel about 20% of your time.
We offer you a challenging position in an ambitious life-sciences start-up. This is your opportunity to make a difference. You can help us bringing a revolutionary device that will change the life of people on the market. You can take initiatives and help our company grow successfully. We offer an attractive salary added with a hospitalization insurance and a bonus.
You can apply directly through https://imec.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=7&c=imec&id=815