It is your responsibility to contact the employer to make sure that
you have the most up-to-date information regarding this job listing.
Nanowerk cannot and does not verify the authenticity or current status
of any information posted in the nanoJOBs database.
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Researcher Beyond CMOS Systems.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
The team you will be joining at imec is working on a systems perspective to emerging beyond-CMOS devices, using e.g. spinwave logic.
- You will contribute to bridge the gap between the basics physics models and the systems design.
- You will build and use models of the devices to design larger systems with them. This will require in-depth knowledge of existing digital systems architectures and the related design flows, combined with a creative approach on how to apply this to novel devices and reinventing part of the design flow and design styles to optimally match the devices properties.
- You will closely interact with the device and integration engineers working on various beyond CMOS devices. By its nature, this is a wide team effort and active interaction with our collaborators from universities and partner companies is expected and encouraged.
- You have obtained a PhD in Electronics Engineering or nanoelectronics.
- You have a background of digital system design implementation and the related design flows.
- You have a strong interest in the basic physics of beyond CMOS devices.
- As this is groundbreaking work in a new field of engineering, curiosity and drive to succeed are very valuable personal traits.
- You are a communicative team player, but still you are able to work independently.
- You like taking initiative; you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude.
- You show the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.