It is your responsibility to contact the employer to make sure that
you have the most up-to-date information regarding this job listing.
Nanowerk cannot and does not verify the authenticity or current status
of any information posted in the nanoJOBs database.
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference!
We offer a challenging position for two years in an advanced high-tech environment and in an international, interdisciplinary team. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we offer various training possibilities. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary.
Quantum computing promises a strong enhancement of the computational power. Si quantum platforms benefit from well-established microelectronics fabrication techniques, enabling large scale qubit integration. These electron spin-based qubits can be implemented in Si when operating at cryogenic temperatures. In order to design accurately the electronics that controls the qubits, it is essential to predict the influence of cryogenic temperatures on the transistors parameters. At such low temperatures, effects such as dopant freeze-out and charge trapping have been observed, but the actual impact of these effects in advanced CMOS technology remains largely unexplored.
In this job, you will measure advanced transistors at low temperatures (4K and below), and characterize their physical parameters. You will also derive and calibrate compact models valid at these temperatures. These models will be used by circuit designers to construct a Si quantum platform.
Besides designers, you will interact closely with physicists, TCAD engineers, device and process integration engineers.
- You have a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics, or a Masterís degree in Electronics Engineering or Physics with at least 2 years of relevant industrial experience.
- You have deep understanding of device physics, experience in a lab environment and are familiar with compact model development, Verilog A language and TCAD evaluations.
- You have a custom design background in Virtuoso for doing circuit design.
- You are a communicative team player and you are able to work independently.
- You like taking initiative; you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude.
- You show the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary