It is your responsibility to contact the employer to make sure that
you have the most up-to-date information regarding this job listing.
Nanowerk cannot and does not verify the authenticity or current status
of any information posted in the nanoJOBs database.
About ASML ASML is a successful high-tech company headquartered in the Netherlands, which manufactures complex lithography machines that chip manufacturers use to produce integrated circuits. Every year, chips become faster, smaller, smarter and more energy-efficient, and breakthroughs in ASML's research activities have played an important part in making it possible. In the space of 25 years we have grown from nothing into a multinational company with 55 locations in 16 countries and annual sales of 5.6 billion Euros in 2011.
Mechanical System Architect
Location: Veldhoven, The Netherlands
Do you want to take the lead in realization of new system concepts? Do you want to work on the cross-road where all critical aspects come together? Can you translate system specs into concept designs? Can you keep the big picture, overseeing all relevant aspects? Do you have strong mechanical insight, such you can identify risks in an early stage? Do you like working with people, building large network within the organization?
Deliver high level mechanical system layout architecture that enables the functionally optimal and cost effective engineering of new systems.
• Creation and investigation of layout concepts. Discuss with projects and sectors. Come up with well-considered choices, validated against system requirements;
• Investigate serviceability. Define concepts. Validate with RAMS specifications;
• Validate concept on high level requirements regarding transportability and install at customer site;
• Definition of high level volumes. Monitor that projects stay within agreed volumes. Make use of your creativity and helicopter view to find solutions incase of conflicts;
• Knowledge transfer to production;
• Contribute to system roadmaps.
Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• At least 3 years architectural experience in creating new machine concepts (or large complex modules). Covering all aspects like layout, serviceability, transportability, install, performance, etc...
• Basic knowledge of thermal and dynamics;
• NX (or other 3D design tool).
• Technical leadership. Sets out direction for technical project teams;
• Abstract thinking, out-of-the box thinking;
• Helicopter view;
• Communication. Effective communication with all levels and disciplines. Clear and structured way of reporting;
• Networking. Build and maintain networks throughout the organization;
• Able to challenge others, to come up with even better ideas.
Context of the position
The architect reports to the group leader Mechanical System Layout and is operational within multidisciplinary, cross-sectorial projects.
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of the ASML products.
In this sector, departments such as Mechatronics, Mechanics and Electronics specify, design, and qualify the various modules of the ASML products. Each department consists of discipline and function oriented groups where emphasis lies on particular competence or functions in ASML equipment.
Apply for the job
You can apply for this job directly, by using the link.