It is your responsibility to contact the employer to make sure that
you have the most up-to-date information regarding this job listing.
Nanowerk cannot and does not verify the authenticity or current status
of any information posted in the nanoJOBs database.
CANBERRA is a leading global supplier of innovative nuclear measurement solutions for safety, security and the environment. Our 1000+ employees are all focused on bringing the very best technology, products and services to our customers.
CANBERRA hires exceptional people and fosters a culture of career growth, mentoring and professional development. In addition to a safe and collaborative work environment and progressive benefits, we offer an opportunity to do work that truly matters—contributing to the creation of solutions used all over the world to maintain safety of personnel, assess the health of nuclear facilities and safeguard the public and the environment.
Are you a Professional Project Engineer and ready for a 2nd step in your career? Do you want to work in an international company? Apply as;
Sustaining Project Engineer – focused on Silicon detectors for X-ray detection at Canberra Semiconductors NV in Olen
The job As a Sustaining Project Engineer you work on selected assignments with Operations, R&D, Product management, Customers and suppliers based on specification requirements with the intent of resolving technical problems and affecting improvements to increase productivity or resolve customer, supplier, and operations concerns.
Key responsibilities 1. Evolve Silicon X-ray detectors according to defined roadmap (75%)
• Execute the ongoing projects on time within scope with the support of a technician.
• Document project requirements, progress, cost and risks to management, customers, etc
• Communication with customers and suppliers as to assure correct project execution
• Participate in scope definition for new projects.
• Guide introduction new developments in operations.
2. Yield and productivity improvement (25%)
• Provide assistance for customer returned goods failure analyses as well as in house component failure analysis.
• Help identify and implement changes to reduce the recurring costs of components and assemblies, obtaining customer approval as required.
• Work with operations and technicians to assure completion of necessary changes to close corrective actions.
• Improve and sustain the automated in-line Quality Control , Quality Reports and testing.
Who are we looking for? You have:
• A Master Degree in electronic engineering or physics.
• 2 to 5 years professional experience as a Project Engineer.
• The ability to program in visual basic, C++, labview, SQL databases.
• Strong communication skills in English and Dutch, written and verbal.
• Good organizational skills.
• Knowledge of X-ray detector/spectroscopy is an advantage.
• Knowledge of semiconductor detectors is an advantage.
• Flexible: accepts and remains productive with changing targets.
• Eager to reach to defined goals.
• Customer service orientated: clear communicator, root causes problems and tackles problems and needs.
• Information orientated: seeks and finds information wherever it is available.
• A team worker: asks input from other, stimulates others and creates a team spirit.
In our technical environment, we offer you a challenging position with a broad variety of working areas. Together with Canberra you can develop yourself in an international group who is continuously searching for new possibilities in their working area.
Our project engineer will get an interesting benefits and compensation package (Meal vouchers, group insurance, hospitalization insurance …).
Presentation of Olen site
CANBERRA OLEN develops, manufactures and sells Ionizing Radiation Detectors based on semiconductors. We are an innovative, flexible and lean organization with 46 highly skilled employees. CANBERRA Olen fosters a culture of knowledge sharing and teamwork based on a flat hierarchy. Good ideas come from everywhere.
For further information you can contact Michal Teunkens. You can apply by using the link below: