It is your responsibility to contact the employer to make sure that
you have the most up-to-date information regarding this job listing.
Nanowerk cannot and does not verify the authenticity or current status
of any information posted in the nanoJOBs database.
Imec performs world-leading research in nano-electronics. Imec leverages its scientific knowledge with the innovative power of its global partnerships in ICT, healthcare and energy. Imec delivers industry-relevant technology solutions. In a unique high-tech environment, its international top talent is committed to providing the building blocks for a better life in a sustainable society. Imec is headquartered in Leuven (Belgium) and has offices in the Netherlands, US, Taiwan, China, India and Japan. Its staff of more than 2,000 people includes over 550 industrial residents and guest researchers.
We offer you a challenging position in an advanced high-tech environment, in an international team. This is your opportunity to contribute to technologies that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
We offer you an attractive salary added with competitive extra-legal benefits such as an interesting life insurance, hospitalization insurance and long-term disability insurance. Imec takes on the full cost of these insurances.
On top of that you receive meal vouchers for each working day. Furthermore, imec offers various training possibilities and social services, such as a company restaurant, ironing service, the possibility of day care on site, holiday daycare and discounts in different sport clubs and shops. To decrease our ecological footprint 100% of the transport by train is reimbursed by imec.
Integrated photonic sensors lately receive a lot of attention for a wide spectrum of applications. Indeed, in analogy to electronic integrated circuits, photonic integrated circuits combine and miniaturize optical functions, such as (laser) sources, detectors and filters, on a chip. Such photonic integrated circuits, mass manufactured at high quality using optical lithography and etching, are already commonly applied in optical fiber communication networks that form the basis of the internet.
Imec has developed a state-of-the-art technology in its CMOS-fab that enables the fabrication of integrated photonic chips on a large scale in a cost-effective way. Using this technology, sensors for biomedical applications have already been developed that promise to revolutionize the health and wellness of patients and normal people by seamlessly providing accurate, relevant data on their physical state. The development of such novel systems is the challenge we propose you to tackle.
You will be responsible for the design of photonic systems for not only bio-medical applications, but also non-destructive testing and in general new imaging techniques. Your tasks will include:
- Contributing to funded and bilateral projects through their definition and their execution;
- Carrying out design, layout and characterization of photonic building blocks, circuits and systems;
- Improving and optimizing the existing methodologies and procedures;
- Reporting to colleagues and clients;
- Publishing in international journals and contributing to major conferences;
- Guiding internship/thesis students.
- You have a Master’s degree in Photonics, Electronics or Physics Engineering and demonstrate photonics design or electromagnetic wave propagation experience. A PhD degree is not required but welcome.
- You show good communication skills as you will be required to interface with internal and external customers.
- You are able to take initiative and work independently, while being part of a team.
- You have good programming skills and can quickly take up software and libraries.
- You preferably have experience in photonics design. Silicon photonics experience is an asset.
- Since you will be working in a highly international environment and will be maintaining a good contact with colleagues and co-workers from all over the world, fluency in English is essential.