It is your responsibility to contact the employer to make sure that
you have the most up-to-date information regarding this job listing.
Nanowerk cannot and does not verify the authenticity or current status
of any information posted in the nanoJOBs database.
Aramco Services operates three U.S.-based research centers to leverage scientific expertise and strengthen collaboration in providing solutions to Saudi Aramco research and technology challenges. The centers are part of a global network of research centers and closely align their goals with those of Saudi Aramco’s EXPEC Advanced Research Center and its Research and Development Center.
- Conducts and directs research and development programs requiring applications of advanced materials and nano-enabled technologies to the oil and gas industry.
- Applies scientific and engineering expertise in advanced materials to solve complex technical challenges. May review, coordinate, or direct the work performed by others.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform original basic and/or applied research in advanced inorganic and/or polymeric materials, including nanostructured materials, nanomaterial coatings, and nanocomposites; nanomaterial surface modification and characterization; and short and long-term technology development.
- Responsible for conducting research on nanomaterial applications for the energy industry, including nanomaterial synthesis, characterization of nanomaterials and nanointermediates with spectroscopic, thermal, microscopic, and rheological methods; writing and assessing proposals to expand into new nanomaterial research and technology areas; collaborating with ASC scientists and collaborators on new and existing programs; presenting results to staff, management, and the scientific community; and protecting intellectual property.
- Assist in designing new installations or modifications to existing facilities, evaluating and selecting capital equipment.
- Apply and reinforce all safety policies in the workplace.
Education and Experience
- PhD. in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, or related field. In-depth knowledge of advanced materials and/or nanomaterials for energy technologies a plus.
- 5+ years hands-on experience in several relevant technical areas, including nanomaterial synthesis and characterization, including nanoscale materials, nanotubes, composites, inks, or surfaces; polymer chemistry and characterization; inorganic chemistry and characterization; nanocomposite formulation and characterization.
- Highly interactive interpersonal skills for effective communication with project team members, various staff (including engineers, scientists, technicians, clients, vendors, etc), and the scientific community.
- Desire to expand or develop new applied research and product development programs in nanotechnology and energy.
- Demonstrated success in proposal writing
- Experience in supervising and directing the technical contributions of others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including a track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals and the ability to create and successfully implement experimental test plans.
- Demonstrated ability to work equally well independently and as part of a larger team.
- Self-motivation and strong attention to detail to efficiently complete tasks outlined in experimental test plans on schedule and within budget.
- Creative ability to solve problems that arise without compromising data quality.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and handle multiple duties/projects simultaneously.
NO THIRD PARTY CANDIDATES ACCEPTED
Click here to apply:http://aramcoservices.theresumator.com/apply/s2HygS/Research-Scientist-8073229.html?source=Nanowerk