It is your responsibility to contact the employer to make sure that
you have the most up-to-date information regarding this job listing.
Nanowerk cannot and does not verify the authenticity or current status
of any information posted in the nanoJOBs database.
Imec performs world-leading research in nano-electronics. Imec leverages its scientific knowledge with the innovative power of its global partnerships in ICT, healthcare and energy. Imec delivers industry-relevant technology solutions. In a unique high-tech environment, its international top talent is committed to providing the building blocks for a better life in a sustainable society. Imec is headquartered in Leuven (Belgium) and has offices in the Netherlands, Taiwan, US, China, Japan and India. Its staff of more than 2,080 people includes over 5p50 industrial residents and guest researchers.
We offer you a challenging position in an advanced high-tech environment, in an international team. This is your opportunity to contribute to technologies that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
We offer you an attractive salary added with competitive extra-legal benefits such as an interesting life insurance, hospitalization insurance and long-term disability insurance. Imec takes on the full cost of these insurances.
On top of that you receive meal vouchers for each working day. Furthermore, imec offers various training possibilities and social services, such as a company restaurant, ironing service, the possibility of day care nearby, holiday daycare and discounts in different sport clubs and shops. To decrease our ecological footprint 100% of the transport by train is reimbursed by imec.
You will be part of the team of our Mask Design and Tape out. We interact with various design, lithography and integration groups within imec. We support all the activities starting from mask GDS, floor planning, slip box and alignment layouts, data preparation, OPC and masks ordering to mask shops. These activities are in the critical path of imec’s industrial and research projects in logic scaling, memory, photonics and 3DIC areas.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- support in mask making like Layout, Floor Planning and Data preparation;
- interact with mask shops in ensuring the timely delivery of correct masks;
- interact with designs and test communities within the organisation.
- You have a Master’s degree in electrical engineering, applied physics or related areas with 1-2 years relevant experience.
- You are proficient in some or all of the following mask design/ tape out areas: Layout, Floor Planning, Data preparation, DRC verification, OPC application and Dummy generation.
- You are proficient in UNIX and Linux environments, with good scripting knowledge.
- You have hands-on experienced in various mask design software application tools from Cadence (Virtuoso), Synopsis and Mentor Graphics (Calibre).
- You have a sound understanding of devices and process technology in order to be able to communicate with various design and semiconductor process groups.
- You are an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- You are able to work independently and contribute to the success of the team.
- You are fluent in English.