It is your responsibility to contact the employer to make sure that
you have the most up-to-date information regarding this job listing.
Nanowerk cannot and does not verify the authenticity or current status
of any information posted in the nanoJOBs database.
SouthWest NanoTechnologies, Inc. (SWeNT) is a leading manufacturer of carbon nanotubes for printed electronics, energy storage and a wide range of composites applications. SWeNT has a Manufacturing and R&D facility in Norman, OK and a Business and Applications Development center in Canton, MA. We are searching for creative people who will help develop and commercialize our products and technologies.
- Develop improved supported catalysts for the synthesis of carbon nanotubes with controlled structure and purity.
- Develop improved methods for producing carbon nanotubes utilizing these catalysts in fluidized bed CVD reactors.
- Develop methods for harvesting carbon nanotubes and regenerating catalysts.
- Work closely with Operations team to develop and implement improved QC protocols.
- Work closely with the Operations team on scaling-up catalyst manufacture.
- Lead and/or participate in creating technical data sheets, applications notes, technical reports, articles, presentations, proposals, invention disclosures and patent applications.
- MS or PhD in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or related field, with strong emphasis on Catalysis.
- At least 5 years industrial R&D experience.
- Technical mastery of catalyst development and preparation methods.
- Experience with carbon nanotube synthesis is preferred, but not required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Team player, with demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of people.
- “Self-starter” with track record of performance with minimal management direction.
- Demonstrated ability to nurture a “positive”, energetic working atmosphere.
- American citizen or permanent US residence status preferred.
To apply, please email a cover letter that outlines your qualifications along with a resume to email@example.com.