The latest news from academia, regulators
research labs and other things of interest
Posted: Sep 7th, 2012
Public engagement with nanotechnology through nano.gov webinar
(Nanowerk News) The National Nanotechnology Coordination Office (NNCO) will hold a webinar on September 20 to provide an open forum to answer questions and hear suggestions related to the National Nanotechnology Initiative’s (NNI) public website, Nano.gov.
Serving as the primary mechanism for public engagement, Nano.gov was redesigned in April 2011. The NNCO is seeking public comment and recommendations on potential updates to, improvements on, and opportunities for public engagement through Nano.gov. The webinar will be streamed live online with an NNCO moderator, four expert panelists, and you—the audience and members of the public.
Audience participation is vital to the success of this event. It is in an effort to serve our various communities of interest and stakeholder groups that the NNCO has chosen to host this webinar. You, as a viewer and Nano.gov user, can help improve Nano.gov by addressing the following questions:
1) How is Nano.gov useful to you and your stakeholders/colleagues/peers?
2) What do you like on Nano.gov? Which pages are most useful to you? Why?
3) What would you like to see improved? Are there pages you don’t understand? Confusing information? Poor layout? Difficult to use?
4) Are there pages that you feel are missing from Nano.gov? What other types of pages would you like to see? What information would you like to find on Nano.gov that isn’t currently there?
5) Are there similar websites that present information in a way that you find more useful, exciting, attractive or user-friendly?
After brief comments by the panelists, we will be the public Q&A segment of the webinar. The NNCO will begin accepting questions and comments via email (email@example.com) and Twitter (@NNInanonews) 24 hours prior to the event, until the close of the webinar at 1pm on September 20. These will be read and addressed during the live event. The NNCO reserves the right to group similar questions and to answer only those questions and comments germane to the topic.
The webinar will be live on Thursday, September 20, 2012 from 12:15pm-1pm.
A registration link will be posted soon. Stay tuned!
Source: United States National Nanotechnology Initiative
Translate this article:
Check out these other trending stories on Nanowerk: