The latest news from academia, regulators
research labs and other things of interest
Posted: Mar 26, 2013
Graphene Commercialisation and Applications: Global Industry and Academia Summit
(Nanowerk News) From its high electrical conductivity and structural strength, graphene has been cited as a “wonder material” with the potential to revolutionize materials engineering in many different industrial sectors. While the number of commercial applications for graphene is potentially unlimited, production scalability must first be established and R&D activity properly directed to ensure graphene moves out of the lab and into the market.
The Graphene Commercialisation & Applications: Global Industry & Academia Summit 2013, (25th-26th June, 2013, London), is the first forum of its kind aimed at establishing the real, commercially viable industrial applications of graphene, and expediting its role as a game-changing technology.
With trailblazing companies such as Nokia, Head, Samsung, Philips, BAE Systems, Sony and Thales, as well as leading academic and research institutions such as Manchester University, UCLA, Chalmers University, Seoul National University and Fraunhofer IPA, coming together for the first time to present their views, this exciting event is a timely opportunity for relevant stakeholders to evaluate specific industry requirements for graphene, as well as understanding its’ material capabilities and real world applications.
Senior Business And Scientific Leaders Speaking At The Summit Include:
– Jari Kinaret, Professor, Chalmers University and Director, Graphene Flagship Consortium
– James Baker, Managing Director, BAE Systems Advanced Technology Centre
– Jani Kivioja, Research Leader, Nokia
– Ralf Schwenger, Director R&D Raquetsports, Head Sport
– Seungmin Cho, Principal Research Engineer and Group Leader, Samsung Techwin
– Byung Hee Hong, Associate Professor, Seoul National University
– Richard Kaner, Professor of Chemistry, UCLA
– Paolo Bondavalli, Head of Nanomaterial Topic, Thales Group
– Marcello Grassi, Head of Technology, Spirit AeroSystems Europe
– Nuno Lourenco, Head of Technology, UTC Aerospace
– York Haemisch, Senior Director Corporate Technologies, Philips Research
– Peter Fischer, CTO, Plastic Logic
– Antonio Avitabile, Head of Strategic Technology Partnerships, Sony
This forum will provide a unique and invaluable opportunity to gain insights into the opportunities and hindrances presented by graphene. It will also provide the framework for industry, research and academia to collaborate in making this revolutionary technological development a market reality.
If you would like more information about joining the exhibition showcase or require information on group registration discounts, then please contact the team on +44 (0) 800 098 8489 or email email@example.com
Source: London Business Conferences
If you liked this article, please give it a quick review on reddit or StumbleUpon. Thanks!
Check out these other trending stories on Nanowerk: