The latest news from academia, regulators
research labs and other things of interest
Posted: Jul 16, 2013
PI Releases Hardcover Catalog on Precision Positioning and Motion Control
(Nanowerk News) The 2013/14 hardcover catalog on precision motion control and piezo technology is now available from PI (Physik Instrumente).
The new publication covers PI and PI miCos precision positioning technologies and product families from motorized linear translation stages to 6-axis parallel kinematic positioners and from piezo flexure nanopositioning systems to high-speed ceramic linear motors along with the associated drivers and motion controllers.
In addition to product specifications, the high-quality-print catalog also contains fundamental information on several micropositioning and nanopositioning technologies; high-resolution sensor technologies; parallel-kinematic positioning basics; as well as a comprehensive tutorial on piezo technology The catalog integrates with PI's website and is not intended to be a collection of datasheets, The main focus is providing an overview on different motion technologies and pointing the user in the right direction. CAD drawings, manuals and other detailed documentation can be obtained from the internet and PI's application engineers are available to further discuss the application.
Examples of technologies and product families covered:
– Several types of ceramic linear motors (ultrasonic, stick-slip, piezowalk…)
– Several types of motorized linear stages (linear motor, stepper motor, leadscrew / ballscrew)
– Several types of rotation stages (air bearing, worm-drive, torque motor, stepper motor, piezo motor)
– Several types of piezo flexure nanopositioning systems (open / closed-loop, serial and parallel-kinematics, variety of feedback and driving methods)
– Several types of parallel and serial kinematics positioning systems (SpaceFAB, Hexapod, stacked stages)
– Precision positioning products for high-resolution microscopy
– Several types of linear actuators (piezo, servo, stepper motorized)
– Motion controllers for piezo systems, hexapods, servo motors, piezo motors, and stepper motors
– Miniature positioning stages with different motor drives
– Piezo ceramics / piezo actuators
– Fast steering mirrors
– Photonics alignment systems
The PI group provides the broadest and deepest portfolio of precision motion technologies, from micropositioning to sub-nanometer precision positioning equipment for markets as diverse as semiconductor manufacturing, bio-technology, photonics, aerospace and medical engineering. PI has 4 decades of experience with the design and manufacture of precision positioning systems based on piezoceramic and electromagnetic drives. The company has been ISO 9001 certified since 1994 and provides innovative, high-quality solutions for OEM and research. PI is present worldwide with 10 subsidiaries, R&D / engineering on 3 continents and total staff of 750+
Source: PI (press release)
If you liked this article, please give it a quick review on reddit or StumbleUpon. Thanks!
Check out these other trending stories on Nanowerk: