Product Sector: Energy → Energy Generation → Fuel Cells → Membrane
Blue Nano's porous catalyst technology increases reactive surface area, minimizing expensive material usage and increasing power density for both fuel cells and other chemical catalysts. The CAT-110 series represents Blue Nano's flagship fuel cell catalyst technology.
CAT-110 Fuel Cell Catalyst Features
- Replaces carbon-supported platinum nanoparticles (Pt/C) as the primary catalyst inside proton exchange membrane (PEM) fuel cells
- Reduces Pt loading by greater than 95%
- Increases power density by up to 77x
- Far exceeds the Department of Energy's performance standards for 2015
- Plug-and-play compatibility with most fuel cell designs
- Compatible with hydrogen, ethanol, methanol and formic acid fuels
Blue Nano's CAT-110 fuel cell catalyst begins with a thin, sponge-like membrane made out of gold. Platinum is then evenly coated across the top of the sponge. The end result is a fuel cel catalyst which far exceeds any current market offering at dramatically lower cost due to lower material and processing costs.