nanoJOBS – Careers in Nanotechnology
Job Listing Details:
It is your responsibility to contact the employer to make sure that you have the most up-to-date information regarding this job listing. Nanowerk cannot and does not verify the authenticity or current status of any information posted in the nanoJOBs database.
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together 4,000 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference!
What we do for you
Imec IC-link helps customers to design chips and bring them to the prototype and the mass production stage at top chip foundries. Imec is a qualified TSMC VCA partner and offers state-of-the-art prototype and volume fabrication services to fabless companies and system houses. Imec IC-link provides its customers specialized technical solutions for the design of chips, prototyping and mass production.
The world of chip manufacturing is an interesting and diverse environment. Our enthusiastic and diverse team collaborates with imec’s customers to make their projects become reality. We are eager to welcome new team members to step into this magnificent world of electronics and get familiar with the processes of manufacturing chips.
As a chip manufacturing support engineer, you are the coordinator and interface between the chip manufacturing plants and our customers. After an extensive training by our team, you get the responsibility of the entire process of tape out of the custom chips designed by our customers.
In this tape out process, you will handle the following tasks:
- Check and guarantee the quality of chips, designed by our international customers. You do this based on the documentation provided by the manufacturing plants and knowledge you gain from the team and past projects.
- Prepare the chip design for fabrication at the foundries and help the customer with final sign-off (‘go’ for fabrication). You do this with the help of the most advanced CAD software programs.
- Have technical discussions with our customers to guide them in this sign-off process.
- Guide the customer in getting the required foundry information and documentation before, during and after the chip design and manufacturing.
- Follow up the projects from start to end and assure that all project milestones are met.
- Assist the sales team in technical discussions.
- Have technical discussions with the production plants that manufacture these chips.
We are looking for candidates with a Master of engineering degree in electronics (“industrial engineer”) or equivalent by experience with a strong interest in electronics and the fabrication of chips. We attach great importance to the following core competences: taking initiative, being client-oriented, being punctual, teamwork and drive.
Apply online at www.imec.be/jobs or via the direct apply link:
|Date Posted:||October 15, 2018|