Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together 4,000 brilliant minds from over 90 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference!
Wet Clean Processing
Wet clean and surface functionalization processes are ubiquitous in the semiconductor industry. Wet processes (clean, etch, strip, etc.) are extensively used in Front, Middle, Back and far Back-end-of-line (3D), and even in wafer reclaim. IMEC’s programs (CMOS, Memory, beyond-CMOS) keep up in a constant innovation frenzy, bringing more and new challenges to the cleaning team. For example, Moore’s law CMOS scaling demands cleaning and drying processes of nanostructures without damage and with perfect selectivity to the exposed device’s materials. Such complex wet cleaning and drying processes involve the removal of particles and chemical impurities from semiconductor, dielectric and metal surfaces. In order to attain such requirements, a good understanding of cleaning processes and state-of-the-art wet processing hardware is a must.
What you will do
- You will be responsible for the development, qualification, stability, optimization of cleaning processes, as well as their documentation.
- You will work in a dynamic multidisciplinary and multicultural environment together with imec researchers, hardware engineers, industry assignees, tool suppliers, device and process experts...
- You regularly report to your team leader, program manager, program director or to the customers on progress and results.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You obtained a Master’s degree in Science or Engineering and display strong engineering skills and mindset.
- You have 5y+ experience in the semiconductor industry and experience in wet cleaning processing (cleaning hardware knowledge is a plus).
- You have strong analytical skills, interest in how things are measured, how data is interpreted and how data can be used to ensure high-quality results.
- You are working autonomously, well organized, with good attention to detail and set high standards for quality.
- You are able to work within cross-functional technical teams.
- Given the international character of imec, fluency in English is a must.
- You are an enthusiastic and motivated team player with good communication and reporting skills.