Open menu
Posted: October 18, 2007

NVE Corporation Reports Second Quarter Results

(Nanowerk News) NVE Corporation (Nasdaq: NVEC) announced today financial results for the quarter and six months ended September 30, 2007.
Product sales for the quarter increased 14% over the prior-year quarter to $4.31 million from $3.78 million. Total revenue, consisting of product sales and contract research and development revenue, increased 14% to $5.00 million for the second quarter of fiscal 2008 from $4.40 million in the prior-year quarter. Net income for the second quarter of fiscal 2008 increased 28% to $1.64 million, or $0.34 per diluted share, compared to $1.28 million, or $0.27 per share, for the prior-year quarter.
For the first six months of fiscal 2008, product sales increased 26% to $8.58 million from $6.83 million for the first six months of fiscal 2007. Total revenue increased 21% to $9.71 million for the first half of fiscal 2008 from $8.03 million for the prior-year period. Net income for the first half of fiscal 2008 was $3.23 million, or $0.67 per diluted share compared to $2.18 million, or $0.45 per diluted share, for the first half of fiscal 2007.
"We are pleased with our results for the quarter," said NVE President and Chief Executive Officer Daniel A. Baker, Ph.D. "Record revenues drove strong earnings. We also renewed agreements with two important customers, St. Jude Medical and Avago Technologies."
NVE is a leader in the practical commercialization of spintronics, a nanotechnology that many experts believe represents the next generation of microelectronics. NVE licenses its MRAM intellectual property and sells spintronic sensors and couplers to revolutionize data sensing and transmission.
Statements used in this press release that relate to future plans, events, financial results or performance are forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties including, among others, such factors as risks in continued growth in revenue and profitability, risks associated with our reliance on several large customers, uncertainties related to the renewal of agreements with large customers, as well as the risk factors listed from time to time in our filings with the SEC, including our Annual Report on Form 10-K and other reports filed with the SEC.
Source: NVE
Subscribe to a free copy of one of our daily
Nanowerk Newsletter Email Digests
with a compilation of all of the day's news.
These articles might interest you as well: