It is your responsibility to contact the employer to make sure that
you have the most up-to-date information regarding this job listing.
Nanowerk cannot and does not verify the authenticity or current status
of any information posted in the nanoJOBs database.
Process Engineer for Advanced Crystalline Silicon Solar Cells
Imec performs world-leading research in nano-electronics. Imec leverages its scientific knowledge with the innovative power of its global partnerships in ICT, healthcare and energy. Imec delivers industry-relevant technology solutions. In a unique high-tech environment, its international top talent is committed to providing the building blocks for a better life in a sustainable society. Imec is headquartered in Leuven (Belgium) and has offices in the Netherlands, US, Taiwan, China, India and Japan. Its staff of more than 2,050 people includes over 750 industrial residents and guest researchers.
The Solar Cell Technology Group at imec aims at developing low-cost scalable high-efficiency solar cell technologies, thereby leveraging maximally the supporting skills, present at imec around semiconductor physics, processing and analysis. This activity comprises about 105 people and is one of the growing domains within imec.
We offer you a challenging position in an advanced high-tech environment, in an international team. This is your opportunity to contribute to technologies that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
We offer you an attractive salary added with competitive extra-legal benefits such as an interesting life insurance, hospitalization insurance and long-term disability insurance. Imec takes on the full cost of these insurances. On top of that you receive meal vouchers for each working day. Furthermore, imec offers various training possibilities and social services, such as a company restaurant, ironing service, the possibility of day care nearby, holiday daycare and discounts in different sport clubs and shops. To decrease our ecological footprint 100% of the transport by train is reimbursed by imec.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Designing, developing and integrating advanced PV cell and module processes in an adequate process flow with potential to be industrially applied.
- Contributing to the process development of interdigitated back contact (IBC) solar cells, including low-cost patterning processes.
- Executing and maintaining certain process steps: developing new process steps by doing short loop experiments; learning and executing the full integration flow.
- Documenting and sharing the results of your development work with your colleagues.
You will work together with a team of colleagues on advanced solar cell approaches and process improvement.
- You obtained a Master’s degree in Science or Engineering or equal by experience and display strong engineering skills and mindset.
- You have 1-3 years of experience as a process engineer. Experience with wet chemical processing, patterning techniques, or crystalline silicon solar cell processing is an asset.
- You are well organized, you pay good attention to details and you set high standards for quality.
- You are a team player with a strong drive to share your experience and knowledge with colleagues. You strive to document and report your work.
- Given the international character of imec fluency in English is a must.