It is your responsibility to contact the employer to make sure that
you have the most up-to-date information regarding this job listing.
Nanowerk cannot and does not verify the authenticity or current status
of any information posted in the nanoJOBs database.
Postdoctoral Researcher on hybrid metrology correlating Electron and energy-dispersive X-ray tomography and Atomprobe tomography.
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference!
Scaling of the transistor structures and introduction of 3D device concepts result in a huge increase of the need for analysis by transmission electron microscopy and/or a growing use of Atomprobe tomography (APT). The shrinking dimensions require for TEM either the use of ultrathin and ideally site-specific specimens or more relaxed specimen thickness with tomographic 3D analysis approaches. Except of applying TEM/STEM imaging for metrology applications also chemical composition needs to be studied with nanometer 3D resolution. Whereas APT provides higher elemental selectivity and sensitivity, its accuracy depends strongly on the assumptions made during the data reconstruction which can be optimized by merging the results of both metrology approaches. We are currently looking for a postdoctoral researcher to reinforce our 3D-analysis team at imec with substantial experience in TEM-tomography.
You will be working on 3D analysis of advanced semiconductor device structures using a combination of electron and energy dispersive X-ray tomography and the correlation with atomprobe analysis. In this position you will have the unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment in the field of TEM and be exposed to the latest generation of APT. You will focus in direct collaboration with the team on:
• Tomography in different STEM/EDX modes for characterization of 3D devices
• Correlating STEM imaging and X-ray spectroscopic tomography with atomprobe tomography
• Correlating Atomprobe data analysis with STEM/TEM based information
• Developing procedures to reduce overall time of tomography experiments
• Investigating resolution and sensitivity of the methods, also versus results on ultrathin TEM specimens
• Optimizing sample preparation methods for these applications
• Internal and external reporting, and publishing of results in scientific journals
• You have a PhD degree in the area of Transmission Electron Microscopy related to Semiconductor Materials.
• You have practical experiences with electron and EDX tomography acquisition and data analysis and dedicated sample preparation. Preferably also experience with atom probe tomography.
• You have good communication skills since you will work in a multicultural environment, and you are fluent in English.
• You are able to solve problems independently.
• You take initiative and have innovative ideas.
• You act as a real team player towards your internal and external partners.
We offer a challenging position for two years in an advanced high-tech environment and in an international, interdisciplinary team. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we offer various training possibilities. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary.