It is your responsibility to contact the employer to make sure that
you have the most up-to-date information regarding this job listing.
Nanowerk cannot and does not verify the authenticity or current status
of any information posted in the nanoJOBs database.
Principal Engineer in Advanced Crystalline Silicon PV Modules
Imec performs world-leading research in nano-electronics. Imec leverages its scientific knowledge with the innovative power of its global partnerships in ICT, healthcare and energy. Imec delivers industry-relevant technology solutions. In a unique high-tech environment, its international top talent is committed to providing the building blocks for a better life in a sustainable society. Imec is headquartered in Leuven (Belgium) and has offices in the Netherlands, US, Taiwan, China, India and Japan. Its staff of more than 2,050 people includes over 750 industrial residents and guest researchers.
We offer you a challenging position in an advanced high-tech environment, in an international team. This is your opportunity to contribute to technologies that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
We offer you an attractive salary added with competitive extra-legal benefits such as an interesting life insurance, hospitalization insurance and long-term disability insurance. Imec takes on the full cost of these insurances.
On top of that you receive meal vouchers for each working day. Furthermore, imec offers various training possibilities and social services, such as a company restaurant, ironing service, the possibility of day care nearby, holiday daycare and discounts in different sport clubs and shops. To decrease our ecological footprint 100% of the transport by train is reimbursed by imec.
The Solar Cell Technology Group at imec aims at developing low-cost scalable high-efficiency solar cell technologies, thereby leveraging maximally the supporting skills, present at imec around semiconductor physics, processing and analysis. This activity comprises about 105 people and is one of the growing domains within imec.
To support the research activities in the Photovoltaic group by setting up new technology development in the area of Advanced Crystalline Silicon PV Modules, we are currently looking for a Principal Engineer in Advanced Crystalline Silicon PV Modules.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Determining equipment and facility needs for the PV modules R&D activities.
- Defining the profiles and participating in hiring process the R&D team members.
- Taking the technical lead in conducting research on a next generation PV modules aiming at efficiency improvements and cost reduction: experiments planning, execution, analysis and report writing.
- Designing, developing and integrating advanced PV modules processes in an adequate process flow with potential to be industrially applied.
- Documenting and sharing the results of your research and development work with your colleagues.
- Contributing to business development within the PV module group by determining customer needs, proposing solutions, and leveraging contracts.
- Drafting the R&D and Technology roadmap aligned with the strategy of imec in the field of advanced/smart PV modules.
You will work together with a team of colleagues on an advanced PV technology and process improvement.
- You have a PhD or an MSc degree in a relevant engineering or scientific field.
- You have at least 3-5 years experience in the area of PV module design, processing and testing either in an industrial environment or in a leading research institute.
- You are familiar with new and emerging PV module technologies.
- You have demonstrated ability in initiation & execution of the R&D projects.
- You are capable of working in a multidisciplinary research team with the ability to meet scheduled deadlines.
- You have analytical skills and capability to think out of the box.
- You have experience with building high-performance research teams and demonstrated competence in leadership/mentorship.
- You are a team player and have the ability to leverage internal and external capabilities by working closely with people from other technical disciplines.